- About PRO
July 27, 2014
The Professional Referee Organization have signed an agreement with California-based Match Analysis.
The agreement will see PRO use Match Analysis’ cutting-edge tool suite to review and improve every referee and assistant referee‘s performance in Major League Soccer matches.
PRO staff and their referee assessors have access to full video and statistical data from all MLS matches via the full Match Analysis product suite, which includes:
- Mambo Studio: A state-of-the-art video search and retrieval tool
- Tango Online: A comprehensive online analytical and video library
- Tango ToGo: A direct video clip to mobile communication tool
- K2 Panoramic Video: Unique full pitch coverage, ensuring all officials are always in view
- TrueView Visualizations: Interactive touch panel visualizations directly within the video
- Fitness Reports: Advanced fitness data to determine fitness and develop fitness targets and training for referees
The assessors use the tools to review every referee’s performance from all 344 MLS games during the season. A large number of video clips are created after each set of games that are reviewed closely and used for educational purposes and to review controversial calls/non-calls that they may retrospectively act upon.
PRO General Manager Peter Walton said: "PRO is responsible for increasing the quality of officiating in U.S. and Canadian professional leagues.
“An integral part of our program is how we use the Match Analysis tools to provide in-depth analysis, information and video clips to evaluate performance and improve the proficiency of our referees and assistant referees.
"We hold regular referee training camps and the evaluations created from the Match Analysis data and video are a key part of the educational assignments we set in the ongoing development of our officials’ skills."
Mark Brunkhart, President of Match Analysis, said: "We are delighted to be working with Peter and his team at PRO, and providing the tools for their program that help in their officials’ development.
“A key element of our business is how we support every aspect of a league. Our tools are widely accessible to everyone from coaches to players to referees to management right through to the fans, making Match Analysis a major component in the overall development of the sport as a whole within the leagues we work.”